Vacation Bible School 2017
Digging for Treasure: Parables Revealed
Dig into a Bible and activity-based VBS that’s all about Jesus’ parables and the treasure to be found in his words. At first, Jesus’ parables seem simple. But it takes listening and digging deeper to discover the treasures of the kingdom of heaven.
The Digging for Treasure: Parables Revealed curriculum helps children dig deep into the parables and uncover truths about God’s constant love and care for them. Each day’s story and theme are rooted in the Bible and will help the parables come to life in age-appropriate ways through dramas, playing games, making crafts, sharing snacks, and other fun activities. The overview of Digging for Treasure is available as a PDF document.
Digging for Treasure has two components:
Grades K-5 (supplements included on the Resource CD for grades 6-8)
- Meet in a large group for worship and a drama that presents the parables
- Divide into smaller groups and rotate among three response times to better process the parables
- Bible Response: discuss the parable, learn a memory verse, do activities in Treasure Map
- Active Response: play games or other activities to help understand the parables
- Creative Response: do crafts to help understand the parables, and enjoy a snack
- All activities and discussions are designed to allow children to more deeply reflect on the parables
Early Childhood (ages 4-5)
- Meet for worship, either in their own group or with the older children
- Includes games, crafts, songs, and other activities to help children learn the parables
- Includes My Book of Stories with the parables, illustrations, and activities
Digging for Treasure may be ordered in an all-in-one boxed set including everything needed for planning and preparation. THE BOXED SET IS SOLD OUT. ITEMS CAN STILL BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY.
ALL 2017 VBS RETURNS must be received no later than September 1, 2017. No partial box returns. No used or damaged items will be credited.
Click to view sample of the VBS curriculum:
- Sample of Worship and Drama Guide
- Sample of Active Response Guide
- Sample of Bible Response Guide
- Sample of Creative Response Guide
- Sample of Early Childhood Leader Guide