Vacation Bible School 2017
Digging for Treasure: Parables Revealed
Dig into a Bible and activity-based VBS that’s all about Jesus’ parables and the treasure to be found in his words. At first, Jesus’ parables seem simple. But it takes listening and digging deeper to discover the treasures of the kingdom of heaven.
The Digging for Treasure: Parables Revealed starter kit comes with everything you need to help children dig deep into the parables and uncover truths about God’s constant love and care for them. Each day’s story and theme are rooted in the Bible and will help the parables come to life in age-appropriate ways through dramas, playing games, making crafts, sharing snacks, and other fun activities. The overview of Digging for Treasure is available as a PDF document.
Digging for Treasure has two components:
Grades K-5 (supplements included on the Resource CD for grades 6-8)
- Meet in a large group for worship and a drama that presents the parables
- Divide into smaller groups and rotate among three response times to better process the parables
- Bible Response: discuss the parable, learn a memory verse, do activities in Treasure Map
- Active Response: play games or other activities to help understand the parables
- Creative Response: do crafts to help understand the parables, and enjoy a snack
- All activities and discussions are designed to allow children to more deeply reflect on the parables
Early Childhood (ages 4-5)
- Meet for worship, either in their own group or with the older children
- Includes games, crafts, songs, and other activities to help children learn the parables
- Includes My Book of Stories with the parables, illustrations, and activities
Digging for Treasure may be ordered in an all-in-one boxed set including everything needed for planning and preparation.
A boxed set is $164.99 USD and will be available from the Shine online store late October. Items also sold separately.
ALL 2017 VBS RETURNS must be received no later than September 1, 2017. No partial box returns. No used or damaged items will be credited.
The boxed set includes:
- Director Guide (two copies)
- Worship and Drama Guide (two copies)–Sample of Worship and Drama Guide
- Active Response Guide (two copies)–Sample of Active Response Guide
- Bible Response Guide (two copies)–Sample of Bible Response Guide
- Creative Response Guide (two copies)–Sample of Creative Response Guide
- Early Childhood Leader Guide (two copies)–Sample of Early Childhood Leader Guide
- Invitation poster (two copies)
- Digging for Treasure music CD
- Digging for Treasure songbook
- Resource CD
- Invitation postcard
- Bible memory poster
- Student participation certificate
- My Book of Stories (early childhood student book)
- Treasure Map (grades K-5 student book)